Sunday, October 17, 2010

Time to Sandwich, Pin and Quilt

I decided that the quilt top needed a border. I had no intention of putting a border on this piece, but it was calling for one. For those of you who are non- quilters, we quilting folks have very special relationships with our fabrics which ultimately become quilts. Each peice of fabric becomes almost like children to us and no matter how much fabric that we have in our stash, we  remember each one and know when a piece of fabric has been moved to another space.  I piece most of my quilt borders. .......and as I mentioned in an earlier post, I quilt in phases too. I will quilt what you see, then add the hearts(cut out from one the bandanas we had to use for this project) which will serve as leaves and all of the women that will dance at the tree of life. When basting my quilts, I use quilters safety pins since I machine quilt. Between you and me, I'll use straight pins if that's all that I have access to at the time.:-) Now on to pulling a piece of fabric for the backing, finding some batting (cotton of course) to use for the finishing of this quilt and beginning the quilting for Phase III

No comments:

Post a Comment