Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's Pinned!!!!!!


Just wanted those that don't quilt or those that may want to experiment with machine quilting to see how the three layers are  sandwiched together. I'm finally ready to quilt.Whew! Safety pins used for quilting have a curved side so it can easily go through the three layers without the fabric and batting gathering once the pin is clipped. When machine quilting the three layers together, the pins are removed as you approach each one. I baste my sandwiched piece with pins when I am getting ready to quilt it because I try not to leave the pins too long. I find that holes can be left in the cloth when the pins are removed; depending on how tightly woven the fabric. Now is the time when I choose the color thread. I am still thinking about whether I want to use a solid color or a variegated one. I've got loads of thread. I am ashamed to say  that I almost have just as much thread as I do fabric. Thought I'd get to begin quilting tonight, but, looks like that is not going to happen.Gotta get ready for tomorrows class at the college. I will be teaching my students how to cut templates and hand applique'. That should be fun; wink, wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment