Saturday, October 16, 2010

Phase III Begins

Before leaving for the Fall Festival with all of my daughters and grand, I began auditioning fabrics for the female images in my quilt. I decided to put four women in the quilt; each representing one of the four parts of the world, North, South, East and West.The colors have nothing to do with the parts of the world; just personal preference. I usually don't dress the women or put hair or features on any of them. I leave it to the imagination of the viewer to decide what that think each woman looks like. I'm still cutting more words to add somewhere on the piece. One of the bandanas had a number of hearts printed on it. I have cut countless hearts which I will use as leaves. Another one of the bandanas had a number of the symbol for women. I think that I might create a banner of some sort, with inspirational words cut from the bandanas. thatthe words will seem to be floating in the sky like a cloud. I'll decide all of that after I sandwich the quilt (layer the top, batting, and backing together [for my friends who don't quilt]) and stitch the tree to the sandwiched piece. I'm going to sew all day tomorrow...at least that is what I am planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment