Thursday, October 14, 2010

Its Me Again

                                          
                                           Top: Afro Blue c 2006     
                                          Bottom: Requiem for Dada  Luka c 2006

I find that I have become quite comfortable with how I relate to Art. My spirit is free to express what I see and relay what I process. Each day I get closer and closer to finding that one thing that unlocks the door to that artistic journey that will pull me across the threshold, lead me through color and balance and contour lines, then take me to that wonderful place where a special collection of quilts will be born. Until then, I will meditate while gazing  into the fiber of those that I have already given birth.

2 comments:

  1. Myrah, Congrats on your new blog!! I love what you are doing here. Your work is so brilliant and bold. You have a lot of rhythm in these quilts. Your ability to express a free spirit is uplifting!! Keep up the good work. Love reading the background on your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sister Kweli!!I love your work too! I am truly grateful for the inspiration and support that you always spread!!!

    ReplyDelete